Do you have current research on a topic related to the teaching of social or personality psychology? Each year, SPSP sends a member to present and attend the annual NITOP (National Institute on the Teaching of Psychology) conference. The next conference will be held January 2020 in St. Pete Beach, Florida. Presentations are one-hour long and can address a specific content area and/or teaching strategy. We encourage applications from a wide range of teachers, including those from two-year colleges, undergraduate institutions, and non-traditional settings.
- Ph.D. in social or personality psychology or a closely related field
- Current SPSP member
- Agree to attend and speak at the 2020 NITOP meeting if selected.
To apply, please submit your proposal by April 1, 2019 and include:
- A short letter of interest, including if you’ve attended NITOP in the past
- Your CV
- A description of your proposed talk (max. 500 words)
- Evidence of your teaching approach and effectiveness (e.g., teaching statement, summary of past teaching evaluations, list of teaching awards)
Email your application to Jan Kang (firstname.lastname@example.org).